Good Morning Wrestling Family!
We have our plans for this week, now that all decisions have been finalized by our Region. Here is what our schedule will look like this week:
For the Chattooga/Cedartown/Cartersville Tri-Match on 1/8/2019, we will be following Scenario 3 as was posted on last week’s newsletter. The wrestlers were informed at practice yesterday, but I wanted to get the information out to the parents as well:
Scenario 3 – Wrestle Match as scheduled
- Varsity, JV, and Women will travel to Chattooga after school heading to Chattooga for Tri-Match
- No guarantees that everyone will get a match, it just depends on what weights the other 2 teams have wrestlers at. I know Cedartown has a couple of Women’s Wrestlers, but I don’t know about Chattooga.
- If the Women’s team is not able to make it, that is okay. This was not the original plan, but they are welcome to travel with us and if we can get them a match, we will.
- The plan is to leave immediately after school at 4:00 PM. The bus will be parked in front of the storm center to load after the dismissal bell rings.
- We should start wrestling immediately after weigh-ins, probably between 5:30-6:00 PM. We will wrestle a dual against Cedartown and Chattooga, then possibly have JV/Women’s Match-Ups afterwards.
- I would estimate we will be done wrestling about 8:30 PM, and that we should be back at CHS sometime around 9:30 PM. We will let the wrestlers know an estimated return time when we leave so parents will have a more specific time of return.
For the Region 5-AAAA Duals Championship, we will follow Scenario 1:
Scenario 1 – Region 5-AAAA Duals Tournament held on Friday Night (1/11/2019)
- Leaving School Early on Friday to travel to Troup. Estimated time we will leave is 1:00 PM, pending Athletic Director/Principal Approval.
- Weigh-Ins will be at 4:00 PM
- Wrestling will begin at 5:00 PM
- We are the number 2 seed, and will wrestle LaGrange first. I am assuming we are wrestling at 5:00 PM, but there is a pigtail match that is also taking place between Cedartown and Troup County that is technically the round before ours. I don’t know if we will wrestle at the same time, or if we will wait until after that match is complete to wrestle the semi-finals round at the same time. I will send out a remind when I have more specific information.
- Returning Home after Tournament VERY LATE (possibly after midnight). We will let the wrestlers know what time we are expected home when we leave Troup Co. HS so that parents will know better when to expect us back.