Please take note of the following procedures:
We strongly encourage fans and visitors to socially distance. Additionally, we strongly encourage fans and visitors to wear a mask when social distancing cannot be achieved.
Per DPH, please do not attend our games if you have any of the following:
- You have been recently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have recently been in contact with someone who was recently diagnosed with COVID-19.
- You have had a fever in the past week.
- You have recently visited a COVID-19 hot spot.
The Purple Hurricanes’ Football season is set to open on Friday, Sept. 4th at 7:30 PM in Weinman Stadium. Even though there will be some changes to the fan experience, we are very excited for our football, cheer, band, sports medicine and audio/video students to get the opportunity to participate in the Purple and Gold tradition that marks Cartersville’s Friday nights in the Fall. We are working hard to ensure the guidelines set by the Department of Public Health are followed at our home games because the safety of our athletes, fans, visitors, and community is our priority. It is our absolute desire and plan to have fans in the stands. We need EVERYONE to do their part to ensure that in the following weeks we can continue to invite fans into Weinman Stadium.The concession stand will be offering pre-packaged items and drinks for sale.
Visitors will enter the stadium through the Church Street gate. Purple Hurricane fans will enter the stadium through the Tennessee Street and new Athletic Facility gates. Please abide by all signage in the stadium and in the bleacher sections.
In an effort to observe DPH guidelines, Weinman Stadium will be open at 50 percent capacity. Each week of a home game, we will be selling 2,500 tickets.
- 500 tickets will be offered to the visiting team.
- Parents of football, cheer, band, sports medicine, and Canes Vision students will have the opportunity to purchase four (4) tickets per home game from Monday (on the week of the game) at 8 AM until Tuesday at 4 PM. Coaches will share the link with parents and students will be given an access number that parents will use when purchasing tickets.
- On Tuesday at 4:01 PM (on the week of the game), we will consolidate the unsold tickets. On Wednesday at 8 AM a link will be available to the public via the Cartersville High School Athletics website to purchase tickets. After the 2,500 tickets are sold, the stadium is sold out.
We are offering a new live streaming opportunity this season. The NFHS Network will host the Purple Hurricane games via live stream. The cost is $10.99 for a monthly pass or $69.99 for an annual pass. The link will be shared on the Cartersville High School Athletics website. In order to view games, you will need to create a login account and select Cartersville High School. We are excited to partner with NFHS because this allows us to live stream not only football but also basketball, soccer, track, wrestling, volleyball, and JV sports.
While we understand these new procedures may be disappointing for some of our guests, the CHS Athletic Department would like to thank you in advance for your support and understanding.
CHS Athletic Director