Attention Parents and Wrestlers:
Practice today has been cancelled by Coach D. The gym floor is being re-finished and there cannot be any persons in the gym once they start the finishing process, which will begin immediately after school lets out today. Please make arrangements to go home after the end of the school day (if you are here today) and if you are an at-home-learner today, please do not come to the school today as there will be no practice.
Remember, next week we go back to normal school!!! That means that ALL students will be coming to school ALL 5 days next week. We will follow the existing schedule on the November Calendar of events for next week!
1) Make-Up Hydration Test is this Sunday 11/15/2020 @ 2:00 PM @ Hiram HS. Cost is $10.00. You must be Hydration Tested in order to participate in our scrimmage next week against North Cobb HS!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
2) We Scrimmage North Cobb HS next Thursday 11/19/2020 @ the Storm Center Gym @ 6:00 PM. Wrestlers will report to the Wrestling Practice Room after school and then we will set up the mats for our event. ALL wrestlers MUST stay to break down the gym after the event is over…you cannot leave until Coach Gayton dismisses you. Leaving early will count as an unexcused absence.
3) Remember we will not have any practices or matches over the Thanksgiving break. Actually, after we finish breaking down the event next Thursday, you will be off until we come back to school on Monday 11/30/2020 for practice.
4) I strongly recommend running at least 30 minutes each day we are out. We have our first match on Tuesday 12/1/2020 and we will have to weigh in at scratch weight for the first event. Remember, each weigh-in will re-calculate your weight decent plan if you are trying to drop a weight class.
5) Follow up with any people businesses you shared our Coorporate Sponsorship letters with and get their contact info and give that to Coach Gayton so he can reach out to them. Make sure you include your name when you turn it in to Coach Gayton so he will know who to credit for the sponsorship. This “credit” will go towards the cost of your team gear.
6) We still have some of the Reverse Raffle tickets to sell. Cost is $100.00 and they are buying a chance to win $10,000.00 at the Reverse Raffle (also happening next Thursday, virtually this year). Each Reverse Raffle ticket is also good for 2 Steak Dinners which will can be picked up at the corner behind the cafeteria where buses are dropped off and picked up each day. Any ticket you sell will be credited $50.00 to the wrestling team. That $50.00 will be credited towards the cost of your team gear. If you know someone who is interested in purchasing a ticket, get their information and share it with Coach Gayton. You can give Coach Gayton’s cell phone # to them as well: 770-286-0777. He has the actual tickets to give to them.
7) Team gear has been ordered and is on the way. Cost is $100.00 per wrestler. Any “credits” you have earned through fundraising will be deducted from this cost. If you have raised $100.00, you do not pay anything for your team gear. Payment for team gear must be received BEFORE you will be issued any team gear. You will not be allowed to participate in Competitions without wearing your team gear. If you are having problems paying for team gear, please talk with Coach Gayton privately after practice as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to a good year! Things will be picking up very quickly when we come back from Thanksgiving Break. Be on the lookout for our weekly newsletters (starting next week) and be sure to read them for all information about the plan of attack for each week. Thank you and Go Canes!!!